Monday, February 9, 2009

Has Spring sprung???

Observations of a Farmgirl:

I had a fleeting moment of inner panic when I realized that Spring just might be right around the corner. I haven't lost "that" weight yet...and that means another Summer of the "I'm sooooo fat and I can't quit sweating blues". Okay, I have been working on it....and in my defense, I have lost a few pounds, but I'm nowhere near where I should be. It was so warm yesterday that I actually wore a pair of capris (the glare that my white legs produced is the possible topic for another post)....and then this morning the weatherman said that conditions might be right for a few tornadoes. As I take my daily walks I have been noticing that the azaleas are blooming....and there are buds on all the trees. Oh, and yeah.......I haven't gotten around to raking up all the leaves that cover my front yard.
Maybe this is less about me losing weight and raking leaves, and more about me procrastinating. Maybe my motto should be..."Why do it TODAY when I can do it TOMORROW????" Or at the very least......."Why do it NOW when I can wait to the last minute and get it done?????" What's up with that?? I haven't always been like that...in fact it has only snuck up on me in the past 6 or 8 months. I want to blame it on the "M" word....and surely I can blame the sweating on it, but I'm not so sure about the rest. Okay, okay....maybe the sluggishness and the sloooooooooooow weight loss.......and now that I think of it, my waning interest in raking leaves and generally doing things that I normally like to do.
Okay........so it's NOT SPRING and it might not even be procrastination. It's the joy sucking, sweat producing, mood altering , I think I'll eat a BOX of CHOCOLATE, no wait, I think I'm gonna CRY, Mother of all "M's"............MENOPAUSE.
..................aaahhhhh, Life is Good!!!

Affirmations of a Farmgirl:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ...a church ...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ...we are in charge of our attitudes.
Charles Swindoll

No comments: