Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Garlic Breath???

Observations of a Farmgirl:

Okay, call me CRAZY, but honestly, I don't find garlic on ones breath offensive. I think "media hype" is what is offensive. I mean, we eat it with wild abandon, we put it in many, many dishes, we spread it on bread and toast it, we buy it fresh, dried, and mixed in to our other spices and flavorings.
Garlic is a very HEALTHY food. It's good for us!!!
The hype is wanting to sell us breath mints, gum, mouthwash....and whatever else they can. And.........I'M NOT BUYING IT!!!
Of course...."morning breath" is another story, and I do appreciate a little freshening up. I practice regular dental hygiene.......but I'm not gonna freak because I have GARLIC on my breath....nor will I freak if someone close to me has eaten a hearty, garlicy meal.
Bon appetite!

Affirmations of a Farmgirl:

Shams and delusions are esteemed for soundest truths, while reality is fabulous. If men would steadily observe realities only, and not allow themselves to be deluded, life ... would be like a fairy tale and the Arabian Nights' Entertainments.
Henry David Thoreau

No comments: