Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Getting to the point.....

Observations of a Farmgirl.....

Just when I get to the point of frustration about one thing or another, I'm always hit with the truth that I really am a very blessed person.There's not enough space on this blog site for me to write down all the reasons and ways I am blessed, and if there were, I'd be typing for a very long time.I would have to say that one of the biggest ways I am blessed is that I can still feel the cold floor underneath my feet when I wake up in the morning. Breaking ones neck usually results in the inability to feel that cold floor.....but I am blessed because I DID break my neck, and I am still able to feel it.

Just when I get to the point when I think it's the right time to start that diet, there's a twinkie just waiting to be eaten. Of course the "twinkie" is just a euphemism for all those taunting treats that seem to be everywhere. I KNOW that it's time to diet. I KNOW that shedding some of the excess weight will do wonders for my back. I KNOW that my self esteem will climb as the weight plummets. I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW!!! I have all the intellectual tools to make a diet work.....yet I fall for a "Twinkie."

Just when I get to the point where I have said all that I can say without coming off as either stupid or a know it all......I open my mouth and utter one last thing. Why?? I have stayed in the conversation to the point where it is....."uh,uhhh", "ya, haaa", "is not"....."is too". Why do we do that??? My brain knows it's enough...and on many, many occasions has told my mouth..."okay, that's enough"....."don't say anything more"........"no, no, don't say that." And guess what..............the mouth wins. Why?????

Just when I get to the point that I have made my point......
(If any of you out there know WHY....please let me know).

Affirmations of a Farmgirl....

Change your thoughts and change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale

1 comment:

Dalyn said...

thanks for visiting my blog- I had to come see "who you are" and guess what!? Another Schnauzer lover! I have one too.

Have a great day...and enjoy your "twinkies" *U* You are blessed, and so am I.